You can order online and pick up and pay for goods at one of our stores, or buy online for home delivery and pay securely by credit card.
All goods are Freight Free when picked up at our...
Need help? Visit our help section or contact us on 1800 039 047
SKU: 5 IN 1 ULTRAVAC 250ml
Ultravac 5in1 is used to prevent the major clostridial diseases in cattle and sheep.
Ultravac 5 in 1 vaccine is used for the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease) and blackleg in cattle and sheep including swelled head in rams.
Ultravac 5 in1 is a breakthrough in 5 in1 technology. Pfizer's unique ultra-filtration process creates a more pure vaccine that stimulates a targeted response by the immune system. This ensures rapid and effective protection against the dangerous clostridial diseases.
Ultravac 5 in1 represents a new generation of products. The ultra-filtration of the vaccine means that the recommended dose is 2mL for cattle and 1mL for sheep. This means less fridge space is required and fewer vaccine bottle changes are needed when vaccinating large numbers of stock.
* Cattle, including calves
2mL followed by a second dose of 2mL 4 weeks later.
* Sheep, including lambs
1mL followed by a second dose of 1mL 4 weeks later.
* The first vaccination should be given at lamb marking or at 6 weeks of age for calves. A second dose should be given 4 to 6 weeks later. A booster dose given 12 months after the two basic doses of vaccine should confer lifelong immunity against blackleg and tetanus. However, further annual boosters of Ultravac 5 in 1 are required to maintain immunity against black disease and malignant oedema.
* More regular doses of Ultravac 5 in 1 may be required to maintain immunity against enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are best given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
* Annual booster doses of Ultravac 5 in 1 should be given around four weeks before calving or lambing to ensure that passive immunity is passed onto the new-born calf or lamb via the colostrum (first milk).
*Ultravac 5 in 1 vaccine can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
* Ultravac 5 in 1 can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
* Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
* It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
* For subcutaneous use only.
1. Sterilise all injection equipment by boiling in water for 10 minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants.
2. Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Great care must be taken to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
3. Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
4. Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15mm in length.
5. As far as possible avoid injection of the animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions.
6. This product must be injected only under the skin. (subcutaneously).
7. If possible inject high on the neck behind the ear, i.e. under the skin on the side of the neck (just behind and below the base of the ear). Do not inject at any other site.
This information is not the Ultravac 5 in 1 label. Always read and follow the label instructions on the product. For more information on the Ultravac 5 in 1 vaccine (including MSDS) please refer to the Pfizer web site via the following link (opens in new window):
Note a freight surcharge may apply - call for freight quotes on this item. It has to be delivered in cool pack within a limited time at certain times of year.